Reminder to get your Hanoverian and Rhineland foal registration and video classifications in!
Here is an excellent example of a foal Assessment video
If you are not certain that the pedigree of your foal is acceptable then please call or email the Registrar to check. To nominate your foal click here:
If your foal/s are already born then please do your online form as soon as possible.
a. Branding by a HHSA representative may not be possible in 2021 so it is recommended that you have your foal microchipped. Many of our breeders are choosing to microchip all foals.
b. Foals must be named when you do the online form.
c. It is also appreciated if you have obtained your Service Certificate from the semen supplier. Every foal registered through the HHSA requires a Service Certificate. The process is:
Have your veterinarian fill in and sign an Artificial Insemination Form. Here is the link: https://hanoverian.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/AI_Certificate.pdf
Send the completed form to whoever sold you the semen. The semen supplier then supplies the Service Certificate. The service certificate should be uploaded to the application for foal registration.
We understand that foals will not walk or trot in straight lines or stand square on command.
Try your best to include:
Both side views of all four limbs, knees and hocks downwards, front view and hind view of all four limbs, knees and hocks downwards.
Foal walking away on level surface and foal walking towards on level surface plus side view of foal walking.
Foal trotting away on level surface and foal trotting towards on level surface plus side view of foal trotting.
The name and pedigree of your foal must also be included.
WHEN & HOW TO SUBMIT VIDEOS
Videos for both mares and foals must be submitted by the 15th March 2021.
Video editing apps such as Vimeo or Splice can be used to assist in removing unwanted sections of your footage.
- Do the online form Application for Mare Classification or Foal Registration. Ensure you are a financial breeder member. Create your videos using the guidelines provided. Every effort will be made to use the videos that are submitted; however, they can be rejected for poor lighting, angles that do not adequately show the horse or other technical difficulty. No longer than 5 minutes per horse/foal. Be sure you name your video with the full name of the horse/foal including prefix/suffix and not a stable name or abbreviation.
- Submit your videos through the following methods:
- Upload to Vimeo or Youtube and send the link via email to email@example.com
- Mail a USB to the Registrar – Janette Lewis 303 Tallegalla Rd Tallegalla QLD 4340
- Send to Janette Lewis via What’s App or Facebook Messenger. Because of video quality loss do not use messages or email.